Wednesday 9 December 2009

Tony Weston - I'd Do It All Again (197?)

Thanks to fellow travellers over at WFMU's Beware of the Blog (original link here), I've found a rip of what might be Tony Weston's first LP, despite the swansong-sounding title 'I'd Do It All Again'. I don't actually have a copy of the LP, so all of this post is borrowed from the efforts of others, but here is another taster of the flamboyant Bournemouth showman. RIP Tony!

MR FABULOUS

Tony Weston - I'd Do It All Again
Raven Stereo KS 1008

Side One
Everything's Coming Up Roses
When You Smile
Make The World A Little Younger
Nobody Does it Like Me
Try To Remember
My Way

Side Two
Sing, Sing a Song
The Last Red Rose In London Town
I'd Do It All Again
Streets Of London
It's You
The Greatest Performance of My Life

And, from a now-deleted Wikipedia entry:

Noel Coward: "Tony has obvious 'STAR' potential"

Liberace: "TONY, SINGS and LIVES every word, when performing 'My Way'"

Tony has been also referred to as "Mr. Vitality", "Mr. Fabulous" and "Mr. Entertainment".

Tony Weston has recorded two albums on the Raven Records label. The first album is I'd do it all again' featuring Derek Healey, Barry Robinson, Bill Jackman, Pete Warner, Brian Dee, Cedric West, Brian Short, Paul Brodie and Ian Simpson.

No comments:

Post a Comment